CREATING A COLLEGIATE PROFILE (ED 2000)
Ensuring that students’ have a proper template to prepare for the college admission process will be the focus of this course. This course will give the student the step by step foundation necessary to be successful in collegiate admission processes. Teaching the student how to navigate and design their plan for the future will allow them to utilize their playbook to achieve their collegiate pursuits. With the course, professionals will build their skills and learn to support their students’ abilities and strategies for college readiness. Ensuring their students have completed standardized testing, essay workshops, and university search options will allow their students to ensure they are compliant with university entrance prerequisites.
- Design and develop a collegiate profile to assist students with a collegiate template for college admissions.
- Assist students with timetables for completion of standardized testing for college admission and scholarship opportunities.
- Assist and expose students to essay writing techniques and workshops to ensure students submit a high-quality admission essay.
- Define and understand the difference between test-optional, test flexible, and test blind admission policies. The importance and difference between early action and early decision and the timetable deadline
- The importance of a collegiate checklist inclusive of letter of recommendation, transcripts, essays, standardized tests and extracurricular activities